Colorado mountains and ATVs, we don’t think you could come up with a better combination than that. You’re searching for “best ATV trails Colorado”, which hopefully means you’re planning for some time in the sun, wind in your hair, and adventure exploring the beautiful Rocky Mountains. At Estes Park ATV rentals we can help those plans come to life! We are your #1 ATV rental company in Colorado. Our rentals include a truck, trailer, and Razor for hours of mountain fun. We also give you a map and help you decide on which of the best trails you’d like to explore.
There are so many amazing trails to explore in the Rockies. And, it’s really important to be prepared before you embark on a Colorado trail. Either by foot or ATV.
Our top 6 things to think of to prepare for Colorado trails:
- Dress in layers– The weather can change very quickly. Even though it’s nice and sunny one minute, doesn’t mean it can’t get chilly the next. Make sure you’re prepared for all types of weather. Sometimes you may even need a hat and gloves in the summer months.
- Stay hydrated– Dehydration is common. Make sure you pack plenty of water. It is recommended that you drink 1 liter of water every two hours you’re on the trails.
- Prepare for no cell service– Cell phone service can be spotty, or even nonexistent in the mountains. We give you a map to use when you take out our ATVs and make sure you know exactly where you’re going. Make it a priority to know directions beforehand and not depend on a phone map in case it doesn’t work.
- The trail skill level and rating– What is the skill level and difficulty rating of the trail you’re going on? It’s a good thing to research ahead of time so you don’t get in over your head. We will discuss the difficulty levels of the trails we recommend when you rent an ATV from us. If you’re hiking, you can also find out which trail is best for you and your skill level.
- Be prepared with the essentials– Sunscreen and bug spray are two things that are at the top of the list. The sun can get intense, especially at a higher elevation. You also don’t want to be bothered by any pesky insects that can bug you, especially during the summer months. Pack other essentials like snacks, a rain poncho, and of course a phone or camera for lots of pictures.
- Be cautious of wildlife– When we are out on the trails, we are visitors to the homes of many different kinds of wildlife. Prepare for wildlife encounters, keep a safe distance and be respectful of their habitat.
Are you ready for your “best ATV trails Colorado” adventure?
There are many amazing ATV trails to explore close to Estes Park. The many trails have something for everyone. From easy, to more challenging, you will find one to suit your needs. Take a look at the videos in our gallery and see what some of the trails look like. Then, come in and book a day or half-day with one of our ATVs. We are open 7 DAYS A WEEK 363 DAYS A YEAR (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas). We go rain, snow, or shine. We have variable hours depending on the season. We think it’s always a good time to explore the Rocky Mountains!
Read about Derek’s 5-star experience:
“Had a blast! From dust to river-in-trail to rocky, even the 7-year-old loved it! We came back dusty, dirty, and best of all, with big grins! Very safe and easy system to navigate. Directions are good, the staff is courteous, and the equipment is good! Thank you for making a family fun day on our vacation! Blessings!”
Check out all the details on how the rentals work and let us know if you have any questions. If you’re ready to ride the, “best ATV trails Colorado” with top-notch equipment, you’ve found the right place! You can also contact us by calling 970-577-7400. You can also check out more of our wonderful reviews through Google reviews or Tripadvisor. Keep the adventures going!
You may also be interested in our blog: Most Popular Jeep Trails Colorado Rockies.