Colorado has so many wonderful things to offer. We think the one that tops the list is the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Estes Park ATV Rentals is owned by Backbone Adventures. We are a family-owned and operated business and we are all mountain folks here. Our owner was raised and still lives on Storm Mountain just outside Estes Park. So on your quest to find out about “ATV riding in Colorado”, you’ve landed on the most knowledgeable ATV rental company in the Rocky Mountains. We are your #1 trusted choice when it comes to off-roading in Northern Colorado. Let’s take a look at the details of what vehicles we offer and how it all works.
What off-road vehicles do we offer?
- 2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 (2-person)
- 2021 Polaris 1000cc RZR XP Razor (4-person)
- 2021 Kawasaki Mule Pro (6-person)
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4-door (5-person)
How does it work?
- You can set up appointments by calling, coming into the store, or booking online. You must be 21 years or older to rent; 16 years or older to drive with a guardian; 21 years or older in the RZR unit; and 2 years or older to be a passenger.
- Don’t be late! Arrive at 1851 N Lake Ave Estes Park Co 80517, 30 minutes before your ride time for check-in.
- Fill out the paperwork, get helmets, walk around your ATV, and go ride. Please bring in all the adults in the party to sign waivers.
- Please return on time or a little before to avoid late charges. Remember, your ATV may be rented to another party immediately upon your return.
- We can provide trail maps. You pick where you want to ride. We can offer suggestions if you like.
- Each ATV is loaded on its own truck and trailer. You will need to know how to pull a trailer and possibly back it up.
- Rides go rain, snow, or shine. However, if we feel it is too dangerous due to conditions or weather, we will cancel and fully refund the ride. Please dress appropriately. We have warm-weather gloves, hats, and goggles available for sale at the shop.
Find out more about our late and cancelation policies and how it works to rent Jeeps.
What time of year is ATV riding in Colorado the best?
We think any time of year is great for riding an ATV in the Rocky Mountains. Check out our ride times for ATVs and UTVs. Extra time has been added for travel to and from the trail.
Spring Hours: March 1st through June 15th
1/2 Day (3 Hours of Ride Time)
8:00 am -12:00 pm
1:00pm – 5:00 pm
Full Day (5 Hours of Ride Time)
9 am – 4:00 pm
Summer Hours: June 16th through Oct 31st
1/2 Day (3 Hours of Ride Time)
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Sunset Ride 1/2 Day (June 16th through Aug 15th )
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (2 hours of ride time)
Full Day (6 Hours of Ride Time)
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fall / Winter Hours: Nov 1st through Feb 28th
1/2 Day (3 hours of Ride Time)
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Full Day (5 Hours of Ride Time
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Read about these 5-star experiences from our happy customers:
“My husband and I went with our son and his wife in two of the two-seaters and had a great time! I couldn’t believe how well the Polaris could navigate massive rocks and climbs! We came back dusty, muddy, and all smiles! -C King
“Always wanted to go wheeling out in Colorado and did just that. We rented a brand new RZR and had a blast it took everything we threw at it without even scarping anything. Trails were a little confusing at first but we figured it out. The staff was easy going and everything went pretty seamlessly. Was a great addition to our family trip and worth the money. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a fun way to spend the day” -Josh
Take a look at our photo gallery and video gallery to see our favorite trails. Let us know if you have any questions about ATV riding in Colorado. We’d be happy to answer them for you! Come rent, ride and explore the Colorado wilderness! We look forward to meeting you!
Estes Park ATV Rentals is open 7 days a week, 362 days a year. Contact us by calling 970-577-7400. We go rain, snow, or shine. We have variable hours depending on the season. Check out reviews from our amazing customers here: Google reviews or Tripadvisor. Google Map: Estes Park ATV Rentals, 222 E Elkhorn Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517.
You may be interested in: Best ATV Trails in Colorado.